The 2016 Scholarship application is now open. Please find our new online application link below as we all as some updated eligibility guidelines. Deadline to apply is May 13th. Good luck to all applicants!
To qualify for an HHSFMO scholarship, students must:
- Be of Hispanic heritage
- Have a minimum overall unweighted 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for high school students and undergraduate students
- Plan to enroll full-time in an accredited college or university in Orange, Seminole, Osceola or Lake County during fall of the 2016 scholarship year
- Be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) or Eligible Non-Citizen as defined by FAFSA
- Apply for Federal Financial Aid using the FAFSA
The following are preferred, but not required:
- Students who are able to demonstrate an evident financial need
- Students pursuing degrees in any of the following areas •Degrees in "STEAM" (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) fields
- Degrees that support Central Florida's anchor industries, such as construction management and hospitality management; and
- Degrees that represent economic priorities in the region, such as degrees in business management/economics and educatio
- There are no age limitations for eligible applicants.
- Scholarships are granted for one year and may be renewable for undergraduate students.
- HHSFMO scholarship funds can be used for the following: tuition, lab fees, textbooks, meal plans, and housing plans.
- Scholarship funds are administered through the bursar’s office at each recipient’s educational institution.
- At the end of each academic year, if scholarship funds have not been applied to eligible expenses or debts, the balance will be returned to HHSFMO